Thursday, June 26

Morning, people. Slow day at the office, and disregarding the mountain of work I have to do for a few minutes, I have decided to post. Catharsis, remember? The dean just sent all of us another e-mail...calling all staff members who intend to continue their studies for a special meeting on Friday. Man oh man, I really hope it's good news. It would really, really make my week.

In any case, as I was trawling through the ever-growing list of blogs in Kotaraya's links page, I was struck by just how varied the content is. No longer is blogging just an electronic substitute for a diary (albeit one that's open for the whole world to read). It's also a sounding board for so many issues, rants, announcements..the list goes on and on. I feel inadequate sometimes, as some of these blogs talk about really DEEP, SERIOUS issues. Philosophy, politics, the state of the world..makes me feel quite shallow indeed, talking about myself.

I contemplated actually starting over, following their example. But then it hit me: I could probably make it work, but it would no longer be MY blog. It would just be me trying to impress other people with my (konon) intelligence, awareness, wit and writing. And besides, I don't think I'd be able to keep it up for long. (Ergh. That last part sounds vulgar. Shall change it soon). Trying to impress people doesn't really work for too long.

Well, back to the grind. So maybe no thought provoking, deeply psyche-shattering and socially reengineering posts. Yet. We'll see how the future pans out. Later.




|