Monday, August 11

Monday Mayhem At The Office

Holy Cow. Just got back from fetching me sister, and am I pooped. Must be all the rushing about I did today, cleaning up messes that shouldn't have been created in the first place, fighting bossy, inconsiderate people who think just because they have some initials behind their name entitles them to be like that and also marking answer scripts that are just slightly more legible than my 14 year old sister's homework.

Yeah, just a regular Monday..and honestly, I've gotten used to it, no matter how much I complain. To make things worse, I've actually had to take some work back for the day...first time in years! I really hope they process that appointment letter ASAP..I seriously think they're not paying me enough for this, LoL. Ahem.

Oh yeah, before I forget, this link is for the Gaiman/Comics fans out there (you know who you are). Another brilliant article by Peter Sanderson. I had to put that down before I forgot. Looks like I got my whole week mapped out already, and I have to attend a convocation ceremony this Sunday afternoon (what???) since am now a member of the academic staff, although some people DO look at me twice when I tell them I lecture and that I'm going to do my Ph.D soon, God willing. I guess the notion of an academic who DOESN'T wear lab coats all day long and actually knows how to have a good time is still a frightening idea to some people, but frankly, I don't give a damn.

Had a conversation earlier this week when I was talking about my desire to get myself an Xbox with a friend. Another guy (who I didn't really know) looked at me sideways and asked me "and you're going to do your doctorate soon?", while shaking his head in that irritating manner I definitely know I hate (I think they call it er..dismissive?). I mean, if I'm going to be doing my doctorate in any branch of IT, wouldn't it be logical that I would have to like technology in the first place? I quickly retorted with a "well, it's people like you who make it so difficult, always with your set little ideas.." D'oh. Think outside the box, man.

Still, irritants aside, I'm definitely feeling better this week. I may not have a lot of free time, but then again, I find that I've somewhat evolved into some sort of twisted workaholic. Taureans are like that, I guess. Always planning for something. And this time, I am planning to get myself a slice of Microsoft's little black (and green) box. MMMmmm.

Well, before I leave, here's a little peek into what I want in my sock this Christmas (or earlier, please!). Watch out for Tech Tuesday (hopefully there'll be one!) tomorrow.

Later, people!



|