Tuesday, September 23

A Very Ashamed Ox

Really. Ask anyone who's known me for a few years (at least). I rarely spend on anything for myself. Really. The last big tech buy I made was for my Palm m130 (which has served me tremendously well) about a year ago. Well of course there's the odd game or two, then books (glorious books!) and maybe a DVD if there's anything worth buying. But yesterday..yesterday I think I went bonkers. The meeting scheduled for Monday morning was cancelled and seeing that I'll be having a very packed week, I decided to hop over to KL and get my suit (while peeking at the Xbox of course).

Thanks to G2000, THAT trip was fairly short. With their sweet "buy-one blazer we throw in a pair of trousers" deal, I walked out of G2000 a very happy puppy..with every intention of coming back Thursday and picking up some shirts as well. Until I went over to Mr Wong's (my friendly Sg. Wang gameshop) and I saw IT. There I was, with money to spend, and months of planning/drooling/dreaming echoing in my brain. I looked at it. It winked back. Taking a breath, I remembered my walk-away point (established not too long ago) for buying the Xbox:

1) If it costs more than RM 1200 including the games and another controller, forget it.
2) If the must have games I want are not available immediately, forget it.
3) If 1 and 2 are don't apply..buy it.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of Microsoft's not-so-little black box. And I didn't even have to break my walk away rule either. Of course, I had the pre and post buying jitters. I recognised them a mile away. Only now, I didn't feel so bad after buying the devilish console. I wonder why.

In case anyone's interested, here are the games I got free with the console:
1) Halo (of course!!)
2) Shenmue II
3) Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic
4) Hunter: The Reckoning (sweet multiplayer action)
5) DOA 3 (not to be confused with DOA Beach Volleyball)

Oh, and I'll still be going back to KL Plaza on Thursday. It's to pick up the suit (post alterations) and some shirts. Hell, maybe even another pair of flat-fronts.

Shit.

|