Tuesday, November 18

Fire's Good For Trials

I cannot believe I am actually homesick. I've been away before, heck I've spent most of my young life away from my family but suddenly it struck me that I am bona fide homesick. I actually miss my long drives to work, the inpromptu work assignments and (God Forbid) even the meetings. Now I really know I'm sick in the head.

I've been getting this restless little urge for the past few days now, and I think my body's just tired. It's difficult trying to put things in perspective when your own is slightly skewed as well. Maybe it's what a Snow White jigsaw piece feels like when it gets mixed up in the Pooh box. Try as you might, you can't simply fit in, no matter how raggedy you bend and stretch your edges.

I am one messed up jigsaw, yessirree. I managed to watch Battle Royale (that's right Vlad!) a few days ago, and I thought it was quite interesting. I would have reviewed that AND the Matrix Revolutions but I figured I had to do some more spring cleaning before I can actually write coherent reviews, among other things. Suffice to say for now that IMHO, Revolutions sucked big time. Make that extra big time.

So here I am on a Tuesday morning, blogging my sad little thoughts away. I've found that they tend to dance and taunt me in my head if I keep them in for too long. Nasty little buggers, that's what I say. If I had any choice in the matter, I'd sign up for a complete mindwipe and move on with what's left of my life (reference to Artemis Fowl there). But there's no such thing, is there?

Heheh. I'm sensing that these morbid little entries are winding down the closer I get to going home. That's alright, cause I've been through this ugly little phase before. Self pity, feelings of rejection and general unworthiness..all part and parcel of what we call the aftermath of breaking up. Hell, it's been almost a year and I'm still in a rut. Talk about self-delusion.

It can only get better from here, I hope. Besides, there'll be nothing to tell my grandkids about if all this never happened. It's official, folks. The Ox is on his way back. Reborn, leaner, meaner, and more of a Singleton than ever.

Mmmm. Watch out, world.

|