Wednesday, January 14

And In Other News..

Right. Here I am, supposed to be drafting exam questions for the upcoming finals (and the deadline for questions is Monday!!) and what am I doing? Blogging yet again. It's too hot for me to even think of what to ask the students, and honestly I don't have the foggiest idea how to do this. Oh well. Anyway, here are some highlights of the day so far:

1) Free lunch, courtesy of faculty Langkawi trip Post Mortem. There was Satay. Yum.

2) Dean (who was also invited) specifically asked me (very loudly, I might add) if I'd filled in a circular regarding my imminent PhD departure, even though there were other candidates in the room! Might this be a sign?

3) Volunteered to be one of 3 faculty members to draft questions for a national ICT competency exam. Stint starts in Feb, and promises some pay (as well as extra visibility!). Volunteered almost as soon as the Dean popped the question. Office politics at work here!!

Am hoping these initiatives will grease the wheels when I submit my application for my doctorate. It's the home stretch now, and everything counts.

Everything.

|