Monday, January 12

I Have A Stalker

This is getting freaky. It started with an e-mail landing in my Outlook inbox Saturday. Then there was a mystery SMS later that afternoon. And this morning, during the drive to work, another 2. That's right folks. I officially have a stalker. Admittedly, there IS some sort of a buzz knowing that someone finds you interesting..but I guess I'm just guilty of conceit. In layman's terms? I'm a snob. And I feel bad as hell.

*sigh*

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Maybe it's just me expecting too much (and I know I shouldn't) but I've come to expect a certain level of...grammar(?) in my everyday texting. When one comes along that sounds exactly like what my students would write, I automatically go on the defensive and try and quash the thing. Call it self preservation. In my line of work, engaging in "friendly" SMS banter with students (especially female ones) can be very hazardous indeed. I try and keep my relationship with them professional. Secondly, I've realised that I don't really appeal to the typical girl of my race. I guess I've seen too many relationships like that (that do work) but are not exactly my cup of tea. So there, I'm a snob, and I'm not proud of it.

However, I know now that my mystery "admirer" is not a student (thank God). I also know that in all regards, she has access to my office (since I found a card in my room). Right. We'll just see how this goes, then, and I can only pray she's ready for the can of worms she'll unleash. Maybe I should link her to my blog?

Hmm.

|