Wednesday, January 14

Sorry's Always The Hardest Word

There was another card in my room this morning. Couldn't really miss it, actually. The bright yellow envelope practically screamed to be opened. As I sat down, I debated opening it. On the one hand, opening it might lead to a whole other world of messes. On the other, it's not like this thing is actually threatening, or I'm in an actual relationship with someone (not in real life, anyway). So I opened it.

Two lines, ending with: I'm sorry.

No teddy bears, no weird flowery messages. Just an apology, for a perceived wrong done.

This is new to me. Not entirely new per se, just long forgotten and unfamiliar. It's been awhile since I've even considered myself any kind of attractive, so you can imagine the effect something like this would have. I'd be lying if I said the attention wasn't..flattering, or if I said it was totally unwelcome. Sometimes we're too busy chasing shadows, we lose sight of the small things. And honestly, right now, I wouldn't mind a little distraction at all.

Maybe having an admirer of sorts wouldn't be so bad after all.

And for what it's worth, I'm sorry too.

|