Sunday, January 11

Department Of Corrections

Mulling over my last post, I realised that I forgot something very important (well, to me at least): option C. It took some reminding earlier today to spark the train of thought that finally led to that particular conclusion. So what, you may ask is option C? Well class, before we carry on, let me reiterate yesterday's lesson:

Ox is a 26 year old who has two choices in front of him.
A) Pursue career advancement and girl of dreams who may not be able to reciprocate feelings (also who may be in another relationship by the time he arrives in said city).

B) Give up the whole thing and pursue career in a wholly different city.

Now up to this afternoon, I thought that was it. However, I have now decided that (as always) there's another slightly hidden and less popular choice:
C) Get used to the whole "just being friends" scenario and save his final strike for when (or if) he gets to the city, but not hoping for too much (basically knowing it's a long shot).

It took a long time for me to realise that life isn't always delineated in black or white. More often, the decisions we make are outlined in shades of grey. Unlike science where almost everything is dealt with in absolutes, life is generally a hodge-podge of explosions, butterfly effects and chaos theory all rolled into a huge ball of Mess.

How absolutely fricking hilarious.

I know that by now probably most of my readers (that's right, all 3 of you) are thinking will this supposed saga never end? Right now I can tell you that I wonder the same thing, sometimes. Maybe I just hate loose ends. They tend to snag and trip you over when you least expect it, and in the worst case, end up unravelling your whole life because you didn't take the little extra effort to tie them up neatly in the first place. Or it could be that I have a sudden need for things to go my way, and I'm straining slightly with the effort of keeping all those unruly feelings in check. I DO wonder where all my legendary patience went..

Note to self: I really need to minimise talking in metaphors. They make me dizzy. Oh, and did I mention I got a mystery e-mail AND sms all on the same day? It seems I have a secret admirer, LoL. This should keep me suitably occupied at least until next week, heheh. And besides, someone's actually interested in moi? Hmm..

Oh well, time's a wasting and I seriously need to get some sleep. See y'all next week, and keep safe, eh?

A little note: I wish I didn't make things so complicated sometimes, and I know you don't need the extra pressure. These are some things I'll need to handle better, so you just go ahead and live your life. Be beautiful, be successful, and most of all, be you. If I make it there (God willing) I'll try again. But if I don't (or I'm too late and you're with someone else), just remember what I always say (well actually what Guinness says): Someone's gonna do it, so it may as well be you.

Sleep tight.

|