Sunday, November 28

Black and White

Back in KL now, the dust's settled, and as I begin to (apprehensively) gear up for the next working week, I look back and reflect on change.

Amazing thing, that - but most of us know that already.

This past weekend, I said goodbye to a friend of seven years. She'd been through a lot with me, and not once did she ever complain. Looking back, I am still surprised we lasted this long in the first place, although near the end she got sick a lot. Still, it was a hell of a good seven years, and I was sorry to see her go.

I am, of course, talking about my old white Kancil.

For seven long years she was the only constant in my life. I'd made and lost friends, snuck girlfriends out and back in, argued, flirted, made up, made out, driven to work, gotten stranded on the highway, taken long late night drives while the city slept, and so many more it seemed like a whole lifetime passed in those years.

Inevitably, I needed to move on, and the cost of keeping her healthy was seriously draining my bank account. So I took the plunge, and decided that I needed to let her go. It wasn't easy, saying goodbye to a huge chunk of my life, but I know it was necessary, and for some strange reason, even exhilirating.

As I look out my balcony I see my new ride: black and shiny. There's a load of new memories to be made, and I think me and the new girl will be friends just fine - as long as I make sure her payments go down on time.

Which reminds me: I need to do a bit of budgeting, since I foresee a thinner Ox. Oh well.

-------------------------------

UPDATE :
Have gotten the first accessory for the girl, and it's a Creative MuVo TX. Hooked up to a cassette adapter, I can finally bring Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts around with me.

Ahhh.

|