Tuesday, January 11

Work! The Musical

Seems like things are starting to go topsy turvy. It's half past four, I'm sleepy as hell and there's a busload of work I have to do before the week ends.

There's a small throb in my left temple right now, and that can't be good. Marking assignments, drafting exam questions, a course outline for a new programme that was never my job to begin with, coming up with a suitable paper for the symposium later and the small matter of ten PhD scholarships I'm contesting for in a certain European country (I only want one of them) doing what I like best:

Computer games research. The scholarships just came out on offer yesterday - so I guess I don't have much time if I want to catch one before the deadline expires on March 1st. They pay well - about RM 13k per month, and that's after fees and what not.

Of course, overshadowing all this is the looming threat of the upcoming 35th anniversary uni celebrations, one that promises treats such as a P. Ramlee and Saloma appreciation night, vast dull exhibitions on absolutely nothing interesting at all, and other delicious delights. Be still, oh my poor heart.

Anyway, I'm off home. There's too much on my head right now, and none of them has anything to do with leisure. I think I'm going to enjoy the next few months.

Yummy.

|