Wednesday, April 9

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions
May wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
As the north wind lays waste the garden.
For even as love crowns you
So shall he crucify you.
Even as he is for your growth
So is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses
Your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and
Shake them in their clinging to the earth.


The Prophet by Gibran Kahlil Gibran

So it's come down to this. Anger, sadness, disappointment..I don't know where one starts and the other ends. Couldn't really sleep last night..was twisting and turning. Finally managed to cry myself to sleep around 2 am. Yes, cry. I'm not ashamed of it..fact is, I have no idea how else to react. My whole world has officially come down on me..and I'm left in the rubble. How DOES one react? Do I scream and yell? Punch a hole in my wall? Get drunk and crash my car? What?? Unfortunately for me, I can't and don't do all that. Doesn't help matters. Shit, I'm too practical for my own good.

I won't go into the details of what happened here..too painful. But the blog knows..she knows, and I know. That's enough for me. At the moment..am so confused. And hurt. . I had to take off my ring today..didn't feel right, somehow. I can only pray that I can still salvage this relationship. She was right..love isn't enough. And I fear that I may have to make a decision soon. One that may result in me being alone..again. God, just thinking of it scares me..For now, the only solace I can find is in the words of people before me who, like me have seen something beautiful..and strived to make it more than just a memory. Here's something for you, princess:

Other men have seen angels,
But I have seen thee
And thou art enough.

G Moore.











|