Sunday, June 8

Hi people. Sunday morning beckons again, and it's time for my weekly late night update. Just got back from a bowling session with the gang (as I like to style it) and it was alright..although I did lose rather badly. This weekend's not been exactly restful, but hey, I had quite a load of fun..so that's cool. Let's start with Friday. Got home rather late..since traffic was a bitch. Johan asked me if I wanted to tag along to Klang to look up a present for Phil (leaving soon). After that, we had dinner in FAB ss 15 (nasi telepon, as Johan likes to say) and later that night, we met up at his place for some board games and what not. Fell asleep very late, but as is usual for me, woke up at 7 sharp the following morning.

After sending Rosie's cousin Damien to the airport, we dropped by Johan's new house to check the defects..still unresolved unfortunately. We were roaring hungry by this time, so we decided to have Dim Sum at the Marriot. Ahh...the wonders of those dumplings! Feeling very full, we retired to his apartment for some shuteye, after which I (drum roll) went downstairs to partake of my first actual swimming lesson! Rosie and Johan were very nice and patient, and since they had such a nice (not too deep) pool, I found I quite liked the sensation of floating about. So much in fact, that I may go down again early morning for a quick dip. Am very proud of myself..and plan to return for more lessons. The day finished with the bowling..and all in all..quite a satisfactory way to spend a Saturday.

It's been a crazy week, with revelations galore..and I'm finally starting to accept the facts. As much as I'd like to think so, I no longer have a girlfriend..or a relationship. I know now that I WILL get jealous of other couples and I WILL be lonely most of the time..but I guess it's a cross I have to bear. I just need to channel those feelings productively, somehow. It's gonna be tough..restructuring my life like this..but maybe I can find the strength to drive myself..and let the pain remind me of how much farther I need to go.

G'night, people. The bed beckons. Tired and lonely, Ash.

|