Thursday, July 17

Tired Thursday

Whoah. Am very tired indeed. Spent most of the day chasing a paper trail that wound so deep and complicated, I ended up forgetting what it was I was doing in the first place. Welcome to the joys of government bureaucracy. Still, I pushed on, doggedly as some people say, hoping that I'd be the one to get somewhere finally, beating the system. I had pictures of my triumphant face (in my imagination) as I held the ultimate letter proclaiming my project XXXX was approved and (gasp) has funding.

Well let me tell you something. It ain't easy. The system insists on beating you down, and then grinding its pointed heel into your upturned crotch. And somewhere, you know there are the controllers, the ones who come up with all these documents to sign in triplicate and stamp, and then to be approved and re-stamped by 4 different persons in 5 different departments. So what if you have an internet connection, or groupware. In the land of the bureaucrats, the stamp-holder is king. Oh I will get you someday, yes I will. And revenge will be sweet. MMMmm. Until then I plot and work (since it DOES pay the bills) and I also remember that some people are not as lucky as I am.

Yes. I do count my blessings, and be thankful. For all my moaning and complaining, there are some gems who work in the main office, and for that I thank God. And I do get to pay the bills on time, and feed the cats, and go out once in awhile. I may not be raking it in, but then again, what use is all the money in the world if you can't appreciate it? I got an offer for a side project yesterday, and hopefully it will work out. Until then, I'll just make sure I do my job the best I can, and try not to trample over too many bureaucrats on my way up. Wearing my bulletproof vest, of course.

Updates later, my friends. Good evening. I have dinner to attend to.



|