Thursday, November 20

Something Beautiful is Sexed Up

Hello, people.

It feels like ages since I've last blogged, but a quick look at my previous entry shows that it's barely been two days. Humph. I swear time moves strangely in New Zealand. It can move so slowly that you swear you can hear each second creep past you, but suddenly rush past in a blur that leaves you spinning and disoriented.

Weird, but then again, I AM down under.

I've been busy catching up on my reading, and have just finished the excellent Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. As of right now, am happily tucking into Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl. Masterful piece of historical fiction, if I do say so myself. Been keeping self v. busy these past few days, organising trips up and down the town and basically spending some quality time with some of the international students here, which is not bad at all.

I'm getting better. Mentally, I mean. Facing each day's been getting easier, and I can actually look forward to stuff. It's nothing major, but I like to think it's a sweet little victory over the ugly depressive cloud that still insists on hanging around. One day at a time, I suppose.

Also, am v. thankful that I've reached this plateau sooner than I expected. The little spark of acceptance that came along earlier this week has managed to grow into a reasonably strong voice of reason in my addled head, and it's been a tremendous help.

In the meantime, I'll be living the best way I know how: aiming high, but taking it one hop, skip and jump at a time.

Feet firmly on the ground, of course.

Song of the day: Something Beautiful, Robbie Williams

|