Sunday, January 25

And Then You Wake Up..

Which I just did. It's Sunday already, dammit. Continuing yesterday's thread, this particular day of the week has always been my least favourite. This is simply because of all the endings it signifies: of weekend revelries, of sleeping late and getting up doubly late (which I'm incapable of doing) and of swatches of time gone by that you know are gone forever.

*sigh*

There are times when life feels like someone pushed the fast-forward button a little too hard, and this is one of them. There seems to be a million things to do before she leaves but hardly enough time to do it in. And I can't get over the feeling that I need to make sure she's got loads of good memories to take with her, simply so she doesn't get lonely..and so she doesn't forget.

I've said this time and time again: I hate goodbyes. They're necessary, yes...but altogether too nerve-wracking. Watching her pack, I'm torn between that selfish urge to stop her and plead for her to stay, while the rational part of me reminds me how I'll never forgive myself if I do. I don't really tell her I still love her, though. I think she knows. It's one of those character faults I have: I let things like that leak into every action I take.

So we've got a week and a half. That's alright. There are things I wish I could have done better (or over) but all in all I stand the same. Thank you for the memories, and I think we have just a little more time to make some more.

You can never have too many of those, eh?

|