Saturday, January 24

This Is One Of Those Posts..

..that don't really go anywhere.

I love Saturdays.

Sitting lazily in an armchair on a Saturday morning (with my head buried in Karim Raslan's Ceritalah), I realise that for the first time in weeks, I'm actually at peace. Maybe it's one of those POBT (Pockets Of Bullet Time for the uninformed). Whatever it is, explanations are unnecessary. I just love Saturdays.

They're those interstitial (I wonder if that's the correct use of the word) days when everything's in-between: you don't actually have to do anything, and it's another day you can stay up late or go out, or whatever. As far back as I can remember, I've always gotten up early on Saturdays. They were always too precious to waste. During my boarding school days, it was the time we had the most fun (especially since most other kids would go home and leave the grounds for us to conquer). On weekends that I did go home (or holidays) I'd get up early anyway. The Edison Twins, Ewoks, SuperGran, Starsky and Hutch and the various cartoons were just too tempting, plus can any Malaysian tell me they haven't at least heard of The Girl From Tomorrow?

Now that I've grown up (or at least I think I have), I've found that Saturdays haven't really changed in their capacity: as days when lazing/hitting the Xbox or PS2 with Jo/attempting to swim/karaoke are optimal, and best of all, excusable. The best parts of it is that little stretch of time between 7.30 am and 9.00, when hardly anyone's awake and it's nice and quiet and somehow...private. It's one of the best times I know for cuddling (and whatever else it entails), reading or just being with yourself.

Did I mention I love Saturdays? Hopefully yours will be good, too.

Take care, people.

|