Thursday, January 15

Never Sleep On A Full Head

An old friend of mine blogged about the things she misses in her life. Looking at her list I realised I if I had one of my own (which I think I probably do, but have squirrelled off somewhere) it would read almost exactly the same.

In a way, perhaps that list reflects what I've come to expect from a relationship. Almost a year down the line, and I find that I keep feeling the same way and having the same instincts (ie the urge to send a text when I see something my ex would like, or the way I unconsciously think of "our" availability before agreeing to anything). Funny, it's so automatic it's like breathing. Only this time, there IS no "us". It's been gone for the past 12 months.

This post is rather directly inspired by a dream I had last night. It was one of those painful ones, where in it you're blissfully happy but at the same time painfully aware that it's just a dream and in the end you'll wake up. I haven't had one of those in awhile, and usually I wake up grumpy and irritable (when am I not, I wonder?).

I need more things to do, I think. On slow days like these, oftentimes work is the best solution.

And hopefully I'll be able to keep myself busy. Am looking forward to a slightly better afternoon.

|