Wednesday, January 21

Morpheus, This Is Just TOO Weird

This is an early, early post. I should know, since it's bloody 6 in the morning and I'm up after a particularly weird dream. I'll try and transcribe it before it runs off like they always do.

It started off with me and an unidentified girl (she looked mat salleh) who were characters in this black and white movie. We found ourselves trapped in a strange castle where everything outside looked like some village in the UK. As we made our way out, we found that said castle led to a thick forest. The escape looked good until we got trapped by the master of the castle and his cohorts, strange animal-like beasts. Their master cast a spell that left our bodies sleeping in the forest but our souls trapped in a dream. For some reason, I was unafraid and managed to trick them into escaping. Weird point number one: I did so by persuading the master to change into a pot of hot tea and drinking him (hmmm). The whole process was convoluted and involved myself telling many stories, including one about an evil regime who executes dissidents by making them lie on their stomachs naked and stabbing them with bayonets up you know where. And there was a ring involved, too.

Anyway, we woke up from the spell and made our way to the outskirts of the village we saw when all of a sudden the locale changed into something very much resembling Tioman, and the girl had changed into my ex. To make things even stranger, her whole family was there including several uncles and aunties. Apparently we had several rooms there, and though the weather looked stormy and ominous, we were all gleefully heading out to the beach to snorkel. I was quite irritated to see several colleagues were also there. We made our way to the beach (which looked increasingly like Tioman) and I could see a lot of people already setting off in boats to a little island located just offshore. Weird bit number two: There was a lot of fish, including sharks AND though the weather was absolutely stormy, around that little island it was as calm as anything. Even the clouds formed a ring to let in the sunshine, while outside it was all dark and stormy.

As we walked to the jetty (me, my ex, her family) we could see a lot of people rushing to the beachside to look at the various strange fish that were swimming close to shore. There were sharks, weirdly shaped dolphins and even technicolour fish. Suddenly, we saw something that looked like a walrus bobbing its way along the shore. My ex shrieked in delight and was about to touch it but I knew something was wrong about it. I was right. As we got near it, it suddenly reared up out of the water to reveal a long appendage that opened up into some sort of sucker and it started wailing like a banshee. I managed to pull her away before the thing somehow caught me and started pulling.

I decided then that enough was enough, so I woke up.

Ugh. I wonder if freakydreams.com can decipher THIS. A lot of familiar themes around in this one, and I'm sure it's someone trying to tell me something about my current predicament, work, emotional or otherwise. Anyway, more updates later..have a safe one, people.

|