Thursday, January 15

Winding Down

It's past midnight, and I should be sleeping. There's an 8 am class tomorrow, but I'm not too worried (since I'm giving them assignments to take back during Chinese New Year. I've been in front of the PC since about 8 pm tonight, still drafting exam questions. This is the first time I'm actually in charge of a subject all by myself, and it IS a little freaky knowing that my questions will be scrutinised and debated if they're not up to par (or more likely IMO too much above par).

I wanted to blog about my first ever entry, earlier..but I think I'll save it for the Insane Ox's first anniversary, which is coming soon. Besides, my brain's a bit too drained to think. CSI: Miami ended its run on AXN tonight with what I consider to be one of the best season finales ever attempted for a TV series. It was a tad melodramatic at the end, but all in all it was easily one of the best episodes for the series and serves to pique our interests for more. Here's hoping the talented team of writers will continue churning out good storylines/plots before retiring gracefully (and not go the way of the X-Files).

Well. Anyway, I'm supposed to be asleep. This is a dangerous time for me, this little window between the death of one day and the birth of the next. For some reason it's one of those times when I'm most vulnerable (there are others of course, but no sense telling everyone everything). Usually it's at times like these when my brain starts to wander which in turn unlocks all manner of things I'm better off not thinking about.

I've heard that in the UK they had a reality show where the contestants are not allowed to sleep for a number of days to see who could remain lucid the longest. Interesting. I remember instances when I did that and everything started to bleed into one another, like the shiny film rainbow thing on an oil puddle.

Right. I definitely need some sleep. Actually, what I need is some peace.

From myself, and from the little voices in my head that wish, and want, and hope.

Goodnight, and safe dreams.

|