Friday, February 13

Friday The 13th Redux

Yay! Amidst all the hullaballoo (religious or otherwise) regarding tomorrow, I almost missed on one of my favourite days in the year: today! Home of one of filmdom's most infamous villains, Friday the 13th has a long history stretching back to the days of Christianity (or so they say). Oh well, before some other religious authority announces my impromptu change in religion, let me make myself clear. I enjoy having a day to freak out on and it's got no religious connotations whatsoever for me, okay?. As far back as I can remember, whenever a Friday falls on this date I whip out the vcds or DVDs and prefer for a night of rightfully earned horror.

Aaah.

Besides, as a Singleton, I think I have rightly earned to celebrate my own leetle day when everyone else's feeling all mushy and romantic and hazy. No hard feelings, people. Please, enjoy. And did I tell you that Bridget Jones' Diary is still a hoot to read even after so long (well it was either that or Fanny Hill)? So, in the spirit of things:

Friday 13 February

Weight: Too heavy
Calories: None yet
Alcohol units: None
Number of text messages almost sent: 15

Right. So while self is expecting V-day pain, shall indulge in spot of DVD shopping. Of course, mum expects self back at home on Saturday morning, but rather than being nibbled to death by cats (or Alsatians) shall instead buy v. big collection of totally romantic-less movies and gorge self on Pringles lite while watching. Whoever said technology was evil has not heard of Xbox. Love Bill Gates (wonder if statement sounds horribly homosexual, not that sex life is anything to go by). Maybe will say it out loud to see impact. MMm. Must remember to pack digital photos to show mum. She always gets in such a state when I forget.

Ooh. Am v. hungry, but fear will get bloated and even more ugly. Gah. Wonder how much liposuction will cost.

And with that, have a good weekend, folks.

|