Monday, March 22

Last Post About Sex This Week (Promise!)

I was cleaning out a travel bag today when I found a packet of condoms I have no recollection of ever buying. Even though there was no holiday (why, Pak Lah? Why??) I didn't go to the office. The stacks of student answers arranged on my desk and floor looked at me gleefully, knowing full well that no matter how hard I stared back, they would win.

Buggers. Anyway, back to the condoms. Since I don't really have a sex life (yes, thanks Meesh for pointing that out Saturday) due to my self-enforced Oath of Celibacy (who am I kidding?) I account religiously for any contraceptives that find themselves in my pocket, bag, or hands. Expired condoms are a big no-no, people. Anyway, I thought my brain'd recovered from Saturday's hormone/libido attack when I came across this and more importantly, Sixthseal's excellent guide to HIV testing in Malaysia. To make it a triple whammy, Oprah this morning had an hour put aside solely to discuss the ramifications of sex in the 21st century, complete with young girls and their mothers spilling the beans about their heretofore hidden sex lives. Amazing.

Right. Anyway, said condoms were apparently from the Pink Triangle, which means that I must have been given them sometime in the past. Whatever their origin, it's my opinion (no doubt disagreed with by many) that giving them away is perhaps one of the best things to do in this day and age. Better to be prepared and informed (to me, anyway). Which is why I can't stress enough: go and read Sixthseal's article. Even if you don't really agree/approve of what you find there, at the very least you'll walk away slightly better informed.

So yeah. For the guys, give yourselves 20 seconds to think before doing anything (I know it's difficult, but TRY). How much is that 10 minutes of pleasure worth? Certainly not a lifetime of pain and hurt. Ditto for the girls. Heck, I'm giving myself advice here. Here's where I like to put one of my favourite lines: If you can't be good, be careful. And if you are good (and a virgin) head to Cuba. I hear they have openings for a very special job over there (read: Cohiba).

Have a good (and safe) week, people. Remember: Coitus Interruptus doesn't always work!

|