Saturday, August 14

The Bottom Falls Out

I woke up early this morning, my head in a spin. For some reason the entirety of my sleep last night was invaded by really weird dreams of ghosts whom you can keep away by scratching a mark on your doors, the Ex, assorted members of my family, car accidents and plenty of blood. Sometime in the middle of preparing my exam questions I took a late night drive at about 2-ish, and almost made it to KL before I decided to turn back. Friday night's too precious to waste on melancholy reveries driving alone in a ratty old T-shirt and a pair of shorts no matter how tempting it is, although I do have admit the quiet was...welcome.

Where's a good David Lynch movie when I need one? The things that come into my head could probably last a whole trilogy or three. I spent most of the day at work in front of the PC, dumbing down exam questions to be submitted Monday. It's amazing how a whole semester's worth of teaching means naught when the exam is going to be taken by students not from the faculty, which in essence, means that I can't bloody well ask any analytical questions. Instead I'll have to rely on that familiar staple that are memorisation questions, in bloody MCQ format.

The things we do to earn our daily bread.

I read somewhere that tonight an expected several million viewers will be glued to their tellies in anticipation of Akademi Fantasia's grand finale, and that KL will actually be deserted (??). While I'm not a fan myself (there's something about the overwrought drama that gets to me) I'm tempted to take the old car out for a spin during the show just to see if it has as many fans as the newspapers are saying. It would be interesting, at the very least and it'll provide yours truly with some relaxation in between mucking with those questions.

If all else fails, I've got digital copies of Taking Lives, The Princess Bride and Donnie Darko that are just waiting to be burnt onto CD, slot them into my Xbox and by the time the final credits roll AF should just be over (until the next rerun, of course). And in the meantime in my download list are Takashi Miike's Full Metal Yakuza, Pier Paolo Pasolini's masterpiece Salo: The 120 Days of Sodom and Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Kairo which should also tide me over (assuming they'll ever finish downloading). I really need to buy one of those external hard disks.

So in the meantime have a nice Saturday evening, whatever your pleasure. I'll see you tomorrow folks, or whenever this bloody question bank gets ready. I wonder what dreams I'll have tonight in this funky mood I'm in..

------------------------------

Movie Quote of The Day:
"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, you must die."
- Mandy Patinkin in The Princess Bride

|