Tuesday, December 14

Fiasco: Resolved?

Update on the fiasco:

I came into the office today, feeling a little better and hoping (against hope) that something had changed regarding my travel plans. No such luck.

For one thing, the bloke (whom we'll call Mr Arse) decided to take leave today without informing anyone else at his department of my situation. Not only that, several calls later to the same department confirmed my suspicions that no one else had any effing idea of how to handle the situation. There was only one thing left to do. I had to make the bookings myself.

Fast forward 20 minutes later, and I'd made the necessary bookings with Air Asia (cost me a bomb), got reservations at the Sofitel from the 19th onwards and managed to sort out my transport to KLIA tomorrow (my favourite taxi man, Uncle Ho). Several other long distance phone calls later and I'd managed to get myself a room at the Putri Pan Pacific in JB proper from tomorrow night onwards.

Now, if I can do all that within a couple hours, why the bloody hell can't HE have on Friday last? Did I mention that because of his stupidity all of this is coming out of my pocket first (which explains the Pan Pac, I obviously think I deserve to stay somewhere nice) and therefore I'll be a lot poorer than I expected to be?

Anyway, at least that's settled for now. My head's banging up again, so till next time, take care, folks.

|