Sunday, December 26

Vicarious Visions

I've been told that happiness is an elusive thing, that often times the moment you realise you're finally happy it evaporates into thin air, and that perhaps we were never really made to be happy.

That thought, more than most, scares me to death.

This past weekend however, I've been fortunate to see some things happen to some good people. Things that seem to remind me that events don't necessarily need to happen to me to qualify for that indeterminate feeling. I can be outside looking in - still a little envious, a little apart, but somehow indescribably fulfilled.

Weird. Maybe it's just denial setting in, or it's another convoluted way my brain deals with things these days. Or maybe it's something to do with my distaste for loose ends. I love happy endings - and the ghastly thing is, having given up on them for myself, I'm actually leeching off vicariously off of others.

Sometimes (like this weekend) I can even walk away half believing that things will be alright. Someday.

Until next time, sleep well, friends.

Have a good week.

|