Friday, December 24

Eflix Updates: Sign Up, and The First Few DVDs

It's been a long day, and I am back.

A little worse for wear, but definitely back. Anyway - to business. Hot on the heels of this post (Link) as promised I hunted down the premises of local DVD rental company Eflix (Link) and finally located them hiding in a little shop lot in Hartamas. I was delighted to find that the shelves were filled with a lot of titles - some of them were those I'd been looking for a while.

A short talk with the proprietor, and several minutes later I was busy filling out my details for the signup. It's all very simple, really. Eflix offers several different packages (all with free delivery within selected areas in the Klang Valley) and once you've selected your package, a quick payment process later you're able to select and borrow your DVDs. You don't need to be at the shop to sign up - any internet enabled PC would suffice.

Now the only reason I actually went to the premises was to see just what kind of an operation they were running. I'm happy to say they're legit - and they have the stuff to prove it. For testing purposes I opted for the RM 40.00 a month package, which entitles me to unlimited DVD rentals with a limit of two titles per rental. Since I paid via credit card, I got an RM 5 discount to boot. Those of you without a credit card, or would prefer not to use it, fret not - a manual option is available via RHB's online banking, but with an additional RM 100 deposit required. As the proprietor explained, there are two delivery sessions every day, one during the daytime, and the other after working hours.

You can opt to change delivery times or addresses at any time by logging into your personal page at Eflix's site. As of today I walked out with a copy of Stephen King's IT and the Japanese movie The Suicide Club. With any luck, by tomorrow I'll be testing their deliveries - or failing that, next Monday.

In the meantime, stay tuned as I give Eflix a full once over, so till then, have an excellent Christmas (if you're celebrating) and if you're not just have a bloody good weekend anyway.

Cheers!

|