Sunday, January 16

Yellow Brick Road? Turnwise, 2 Kilometres

God how time flies. It's Sunday night again, and this time I'm a little bit UN-excited about the coming week, for several reasons:

1) It means I have to get going on the whole university celebration thing, when I already have several other things to take care of (refer below).

2) My brother's here on a short break -and it's unfortunate that this is one of the busiest weeks I'm ever going to have, which means I won't be able to spend as much time as I'd like with him before he goes back to Kulim on Saturday, not to mention the fact that it's supposed to be a long weekend, goddamit.

3) There's a retreat on Tuesday at the Shang in Putrajaya. Ordinarily I'd be ecstatic (Shang = good food) but since it's for one of those things I've been incessantly at work at since 2003, I don't foresee any sudden miraculous resolutions. Professors can be a tough crowd to crack.

4) Extended abstract to write for games in education paper AND my PhD proposal. Oh God.

5) Okay, so this is optional, but I just spent some time playing LucasArts' latest Xbox release, Mercenaries - and I have to say they've managed to roll out some of the most impressive gameplay I've seen this side of the PC. Think of it as GTA on steroids meeting Ghost Recon 2's Lone Wolf mode (apologies to the non-gamers, but this is too good to let by). If you can see it, it probably means you can blow it up.

How is that not a good thing? Anyway - I'm sure these doldrums will have passed by the next time you surf over, so until then, have a good Monday, and try to get some work done.

I know I'll be doing the same.

Cheers.

---------------------------------

Barely weeks after the 26012 and the beaches in parts of Thailand hit by the tsunami are again abuzz, this time with what appears to be otherworldly visitors (Link). Reports are coming in of wailings and voices from the beachside - something that most of us Malaysians remember well from the Highland Towers tragedy in the 90s.

Hmmm. Mass psychological trauma, or otherworldly manifestations?

|