Sunday, May 11

Hmm. Sunday afternoon..and lazy. Just got back from a trip back home to my parents. Yesterday was my brother's birthday and today being Mother's day I thought a short jaunt back was in order. Sorry about the lack of updates so far, folks. A lot of things happened this weekend..so I think maybe I'll start with Friday.

After work, I hurried home to find a card in my mailbox. From NZ. I rushed up, opened it and found my birthday present from her, enclosed with some pictures we took a long time ago. As I read the card and leafed through the photos, my eyes got blurry and I cried. Silly ol me. I was sad..and happy at the same time. Sad because I miss her, and also because of all the uncertainty now just amplifies the loss..and also happy..for knowing that as tenuous my hold on her life is, I still mean that much to her. The present? A bone pendant engraved with the symbol meaning "whole" or "complete". Two words I always used to describe my life with her. And then there were the pics..oh the pics. Back when Portobello and Shitake were just kittens..we took some black and white shots using her camera. Seems like a lifetime ago. As I leafed through them, I could almost see myself there..back then. And I think that was what threw me over the edge..for awhile. My memory palace has some new additions now.

Sorry folks, didn't mean to get all emotional. I'm still dealing with this new..situation..and I suppose I can only sit and wait for now. But a faint hope still beats in my stubborn little head. The hope that I can one day, complete her again..and she, me.

That's all for today, people. Saturday and Sunday reports soon.

|