Monday, May 5

Hey..just got back from another in a long series of meetings..urk. Am now using a new version of the Blogger engine called Dano. The reader won't be noticing any changes on the outside of the blog, but trust me, the new interface and engine makes it easier for me to post and also edit updates. Kudos to Blogger and ultimately Google for improving what has already been a great service.

Anyhow, back to the dream. Before that, here's a little backstory which will tie in with the dream sequence. Not many people know this, but I think the blog has a right to know. Way back in 99, which is BTB, I was attached to a Telekom Research facility as part of my degree requirements. Oftentimes, we'd finish up our assignments early and engage in some IRC, which was still a big thing back then. I started talking to this fun chick, and we quickly built up a big email correspondence, since we both liked the same things..and I thought she was cool. Evidently, she thought the same, which was a great big ego boost. Finally I mustered up the strength to ask her where she lived..and imagine my surprise when I found out we were living in the same housing area! Of course, this piqued my interest and I pressed on. The big suprise came after that: turned out she was one half of this babe duo my housemates and I have been peeking at from our house for months. Or should I say, fantasise, every afternoon they'd come roller blading in front of our place..always in shorts and snug tank tops. Gave me quite a buzz to think that one of them actually liked me..heheh.

Well, to make a long story short, I arranged to meet her (jogging) at that, we hit it off big time, and I was, for awhile, in heaven. Things went on quite nicely for awhile..until we found out her mum had already engaged her to this rich bloke..family friend. Heavy drama ensued, leading me to being banned from ever seeing her again. Of course I snuck out to get her at her college and drive her around. Wouldn't be me otherwise. Finally the mum got really mad, and there was a confrontation of sorts. I was told very unceremoniously to lose my poor student self from her sight. Large amounts of screaming and crying later, I was thrown out of her house. And the wedding was set for 2 weeks after. I was of course, destroyed..but what was I to do against the combined might of two rich families? This may explain why I resent rich people so much sometimes. Anyway, about a week before the wedding, my sleep was interrupted by her crying on the phone. Her fiance had driven her out, parked in a secluded spot and forced himself on her, knowing full well she'd have to marry him even if she told on him.

I was crushed. And she married him, in the end. They have a baby, who's close to 4 years old now. I see her from time to time, as she works near my office. Still as beautiful as ever. But at least she seems happy. She survived..and I respect her for that. Honestly, I've managed to block her from my mind completely these past 2 years..until last night..when I dreamt of her.

Maybe it's my brain recalling how painful it is. Maybe it's my heart recalling how crazy these past few years have been. Or maybe it's my conscience telling me to let go. Whichever it is..I am. The picture I have in my mind..it's there..and one day it'll go.

|