Saturday, February 21

Do You Poly?

I'm a polyphonic whore.

Yup, you read that right. I've been spending at least a couple minutes each night converting and tweaking MIDI tunes into SMAF format for my mobile. Ever since I got my new mobile, ringtones have taken on a new significance for me. Whereas previously I couldn't care less what my tone was as long as I could hear it, nowadays it seems I'm aware of every single ringtone that plays around me, down to actively trying to ascertain how many chords a particular ringtone has. Gaaah.

Most recently, I've absolutely loved the fact that I can keep the entire theme for Sex and The City as my ringtone for less than 3KB! (see what I mean when I say I'm a polyphonic whore?). This is weird. Waaay weird. Latest craze in the office is that little tone the girl uses in that new Hotlink ad. Oh well, I may as well enjoy it before my 40-chord phone gets eclipsed by the next big thing. Until then, I'll be hard at work trying to compress Kill Bill's Twisted Nerve into a decent tone.

Ugh.

|