Sunday, May 18

Ahh...my blog. After nearly a week long hiatus, I am once again here, somewhat refreshed and ready to enlighten my audience of one on the current state of affairs in my (too-big) head. It's been a whirlwind of a week..and I can't believe that these last five days have gone by so quickly. As always, time flies when you're having fun...and I had loads of it in Tioman, with a notable exception, of course. But that shall be another story.

Where will I start? At the beginning? I have no idea where or even how to begin. All I remember is 3 days of bliss..for the first time in a long while not worrying about work, cats or money..existing only to do what I want..when I want. The fact that tomorrow brings a whole new world of pain does not register for now..the seminar can go to rot for all I care. Am still very much in a holiday mood..which I know will be completely destroyed come tomorrow morning.

As Sunday night draws to a close, I find myself going back to the memory palace, bringing in new materials while rearranging some of the old. There were plenty of treasured memories this week..and I know if I had my way, there would have been more. Again, I'm confused where to start. Too many thoughts, too many stories to tell. Do I start with how envious I was of Rosalia and Johan as they held hands, hugged, kissed, rode in the freaky tandem bike? Or do I instead tell of how my dreams every single night centred around a single person? How about the scary feeling I had in my stomach as I stood on the floating platform in the middle of the sea, prepping myself to join the snorkeling group? Only the memory of how proud she was of me back in Bali gave me the strength to dive into those clear green waters. That and so much more..I fear may be too much for these poor fingers of mine to type in a single sitting. Oh well...maybe in good time, I'll have the time and the strength to put it all down..that one day I can remember. Until then, good night, be well..and God bless, world.

It's good to be back.

I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.
Steve Martin (1945 - )

|