Wednesday, April 30

Hey people..am at home now after a long day at the office and an even longer drive home. The weather's been really crazy this past few days, with a tree falling down and blocking some stretch of road every other day. Rain, thunder and lightning are also pretty much the order of the day..with weird intermissions in between. And I mean intermission..cause they somehow remind me of the ones you get inbetween theatre acts..

Tomorrow's labor day..so I guess it means I can relax a bit. Not too much though, since I've already taken home 2 folders to read through and digest. Erk! Singlehandedly managing and organising a seminar at the uni level is harder than I thought. But if it helps give me a raise in the future..well I say I'm all for it then. Good that I have a team of not too incompetent colleagues to shoulder the pain. Makes it that much easier to carry. Still, it doesn't stop me from getting the obligatory headache all the way home.

On another note, the f word came up in a conversation today (no, not that one, you pervert). Friend. Simple word, but one that slightly shook the ground I was standing on, and I guess it finally started to sweep away any remaining illusions I had that this was temporary. When Friend comes out, you know the truck that hit you really hit you, and is now in the process of running over your entrails. And reversing over them. So there. The reality was staring at me from inside the Yahoo Messenger window. Did I tell you I keep the text versions of almost all the Yahoo Chats I've had with her since she first left? Was planning to make some sort of compilation..for the future. Now that that's out of the way, I guess the thing to do is select, right click and hit delete.

There's also an unsent letter I found in my bag. It would have been the second. For a brief moment in time, I entertained the illusion that maybe one day, I'd be able to find a whole stack of them, fragrant and tied with ribbon..and we'd read them again and laugh. I have an image in my mind of exactly how it would turn out, with her smiling and that always slightly mischevious twinkle in her eye..and myself with my arms around her shoulders, slightly graying..but laughing too. I suppose all dreams have to end sometime..and mine just did. Till tomorrow, people. Be safe, and God bless.

To me, coming from you, friend is a four letter word
End is the only part of the word
That I heard
Call me morbid or absurd
But to me, coming from you, friend is a four letter word..

Cake, Fashion Nugget

|