Thursday, May 1

Hey again, blog. It's almost 4 pm on Labor Day and I'm enjoying every bit of it..except the fact that the pet shop guy has yet to deliver next week's supply of cat food. Of course, normally this would piss me off, but since I'm in such a good mood today (tomorrow being Friday helps!) I think I'll let him go. It still won't stop me from calling him up every hour and harassing him though...

Just finished watching Red Dragon. I never had the pleasure of watching the first version (Manhunter with my favourite criminalist, William Petersen/Gil Grissom) but I heard that it's a not too bad take on the first novel in the Hannibal Lecter saga. Of course, having Edward Norton try and fill Petersen's shoes also proved to be a drawing factor. Personally I've always identified with Lecter, being that like him, I choose to exist outside of whatever passes for the usual and be..different. He revels in his strangeness and more importantly, his intelligence. Unlike Christian Bale in American Psycho, Sir Hopkin's Lecter never loses his calm..and is the consummate gentleman. If not for the fact that he eats people, I'd put him high on my idol list. Ralph Fiennes, Emily Watson and Harvey Keitel (!) round out what for me is an excellent time filler. No Oscars for this one, but it oozes thrills in spades. Nuff said, I think. Now if I can just scrounge up enough to buy all the DVDs...

Tonight, it's more reading for moi as I try and decipher the arcane secrets of budget management for university functions. I suppose I'll have to do it sooner or later..and I prefer sooner. Ah well..time for a short shower. Weather's humid as hell..and I don't like being sticky. Till the next post, take care people!

|