Tuesday, May 20

Hey again, people. Another blazing, scorching day in my life..and as of now..all I want is a good long cold shower. Unfortunately, not this week. At least not in my apartment. What do I do? Spend my time absorbing more of the phenomenon known as the Matrix. The sequel's out, and everyone's raving about it. I'll probably wait till the end of the week or so..let the fever die down a bit..so I can absorb the wonderful pseudo philosophy and uber geek dream that is Reloaded and later this year, Revolutions. Yup. Uber geek. I think I qualify, since as the Star said in its review that it's essentially a movie for all the movie, comic/manga, anime and science fiction/conspiracy theory fans out there. Oh, and computer and video games too. Which is cool.

Also went to the website: www.whatisthematrix.com.. where there were online comics and short stories based on the world of the Matrix. The short story has always been one of my favourite mediums, and seeing the likes of Neil Gaiman, Poppy Z Brite and Harlan Ellison among others in the contributor list made me literally drool. Hell. I'd buy anything with Gaiman's name on it. He's that good. You're still here? Get to the website..and prepare for a very fast hour or so. Also in my collection is now the Animatrix: 9 short anime features by the Gods of anime..and the Wachowski brothers. It even comes with a sweet documentary on the history of manga and anime. Well worth the money, I'd say.

Enough geek ranting for the day, I think. Time to get to sleep..since it's technically already Tuesday. And did I mention I also bought the game for my PS2? It rocks. For me, at least.

More tomorrow, folks. This particular wookie needs some rest. Don't know what a wookie is? It's like a bear, only with a pit bull for a soul and tenacious as hell, not to mention extremely huggable (been awhile since this wookie's been hugged, though). A dying breed..but I guess it's nice knowing that there are some things I do better than others. Night!


|